Wednesday, January 27, 2010
& Sweetened Coconut
Ready To Serve
2-3 medium potatoes
1/4 cup milk
1 large egg
2-3 cups flour
1-2 small to medium fresh peaches
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup melted butter
1. Peel, cut, boil and mash potatoes with a small amount of milk.
2. Add egg and mix well.
3. Add flour to potatoes until mixture becomes firm enough for rolling. Amount of flour needed will vary due to moisture in potatoes.
4. Turn dough out on floured rolling surface and roll to about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Cut dough into 4 inch circles large enough to envelop 3-4 peach cubes.
6. Wash peaches and remove stone from each by splitting peach in half. Cube Peaches.
7. Mix cinnamon and sugar in a bowl with cubed peaches.
8. Form dumplings by placing 3-4 peaches in the center of a dough cut-out. Pinch edges and form into a ball.
9. Drop dumpling into about 4 qts of boiling salted water. Boil until dumplings begin to float, cook time will vary. Carefully remove dumplings so they do not break open.
10 Drizzle with melted butter to keep dumplings from sticking.
Note: Extra dough can be cut into strips the size of small noodles..and that recipe is next!
Photography By: Kimberly Wade